Search Me!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

All About Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift, a 21 year old country-pop singer, who is making really big hits (and in fact she just won the Academy of Country Music (ACM) Entertainer of the Year last April 3, 2011). I've never been a fan of any singer before, but I do love listening to music. Most of the time I know the title and lyrics of the song but I don't bother to know who is the singer of the song. 


I don't know what happened to me when I saw the music video of Love Story by Taylor Swift, I fell in-love with the song together with Taylor Swift. Maybe it's her innocent eyes and wonderful voice that made me a fan of hers but nevertheless since then, I've been a huge fan of Taylor. I searched her songs, her profile and everything about her just fascinates me. I am most fascinated of course in her songs. In most of her songs, I can always relate myself it feels like she's singing the things that I can't say or expressed. Also, what I like about her is, her life is an open book, she's very transparent, true and genuine person. If she feels something she expressed it through her songs. Unlike any other young singers, Taylor choose to stay modest and humble and very family oriented that's why I truly love her. I know that she's been gone a very long way from 2006 but it doesn't matter she stays the same and she love her fans. 


That's why when she held her Asia Tour Concert here in Manila last February 19, 2011 in Araneta Coliseum, I really bought a ticket. Even though I am far from her because I just have an Upperbox B ticket she still looks up in our way and wave in the middle of her concert. That is one thing that I will never ever forget. I've been ENCHANTED by Taylor's lovely voice, her so feminine moves and her undoubtedly charm. I never get near her but I know someday I will have a chance to talk to her personally and we will talk about anything cause eventually we will become friends. :)


I have a list of my 13 favorite songs and lines from Taylor Swift from her first album Taylor Swift to Fearless to Speak Now. (13 is Taylor's favorite number.)

Taylor Swift first album

From her first album Taylor Swift
  •  Picture to Burn 
State the obvious I didn't get my perfect fantasy
I realized you love yourself
More that you could ever love me 
So go and tell your friends
That I'm obsessive and crazy
That's fine, I'll tell mine
You're gay and by the way...

...As far as I'm concerned
You're just another picture to burn
  •  Our Song 

                   I was walking up the front porch steps
                        After everything that day
                        Had gone all wrong or been trampled on
                        And lost and thrown away

                        Got to the hallway, well, on my way
                        To my lovin' bed
                        I almost didn't notice all the roses
                        And the note that said



                                 Our song is the slamming screen door
                         Sneakin' out late, tapping on your window
                         When we're on the phone and you talk real slow
                         'Cause it's late and your mama don't know

                        Our song is the way you laugh
                        The first date man, I didn't kiss her and I should have
                        And when I got home, 'fore I said amen
                        Asking God if He could play it again


  •  Invisible
                        She can't see the way your eyes
Light up when you smile
She'll never notice how you stop and stare 
whenever she walks by
And you can't see me wanting you the way you want her
But you are everything to me
And I just wanna show you she don't even know you
She's never gonna love you like I want to
And you just see right through me
But if you only knew me
We could be a beautiful miracle, unbelievable
nstead of just invisible
From Taylor Swift's album Fearless
  • Fearless
                      ...But you're just so cool, run your hands through your hair
Absent-mindedly makin' me want you
And I don't know how it 
gets better than this
You take my hand and 
drag me headfirst, fearless
And I don't know why but with you I dance
In a storm in my best dress, fearless
So baby drive slow 'til we run out of road
In this one horse town, I wanna stay right here
In this passenger seat, you put your eyes on me
In this moment, now capture it, remember it
  • Fifteen
When all you wanted was to be wanted
Wish you could go back and tell yourself what you know now...
Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you
You're gonna believe them
And when you're fifteen, don't forget to look before you fall
I've found time can heal most anything
And you just might find who you're supposed to be
I didn't know who I was supposed to be at fifteen
  • Love story
I got tired of waiting. Wondering if you were ever coming around.
My faith in you was fading-
When I met you on the outskirts of town.
And I said...
Romeo save me, I've been feeling so alone.
I keep waiting, for you but you never come.
Is this in my head, I don't know what to think-
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said...
Marry me Juliet, you'll never have to be alone.
I love you, and that's all I really know.
I talked to your dad -- go pick out a white dress
It's a love story, baby just say... yes.
  • You Belong with Me
And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town.
I havent seen it in awhile, since she brought you down
You say you find I know you better than that
Hey, Whatcha doing with a girl like that
But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming bout the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time
If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me
From Taylor's newest album Speak Now
  • Speak Now
She floats down the aisle Like a pageant queen But I know you wish it was me You wish it was me (Don't you?)
Don't say yes, run away now
I'll meet you when you're out
Of the church at the back door
Don't wait or say a single vow
You need to hear me out
And they said "speak now"
  • Mine
Flash forward and we're taking on the world together
And there's a drawer of my things at your place
You learn my secrets and you figure out why I'm guarded
You say we'll never make my parents' mistakes
And I remember that fight, 2:30 a.m.
As everything was slipping right out of our hands
I ran out crying and you followed me out into the street
Braced myself for the goodbye
'Cause that's all I've ever known
Then you took me by surprise
You said I'll never leave you alone
You said I remember how we felt sitting by the water
And every time I look at you, it's like the first time
I fell in love with a careless man's careful daughter
She is the best thing that's ever been mine
  • Back to December
And then the cold came, the dark days
When fear crept into my mind
You gave me all your love, and all I gave you was goodbye
So this is me swallowing my pride
Standing in front of you, saying I'm sorry for that night
And I go back to December all the time
It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you
Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine
I go back to December, turn around and change my own mind
I go back to December all the time
I miss your tan skin, your sweet smile
So good to me, so right
And how you held me in your arms that September night
The first time you ever saw me cry
Maybe this is wishful thinking
Probably mindless dreaming
But if we loved again, I swear I'd love you right
  • Never Grow Up
Your little hands wrapped around my finger And it's so quiet in the world tonight Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you, everything's funny You got nothing to regret I'd give all I have, honey If you could stay like that Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up Just stay this little Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up It could stay this simple I won't let nobody hurt you Won't let no one break your heart No, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up, never grow up
  • Mean
Well, you can take me down with just one single blow But you don't know what you don't know Someday I'll be living in a big old city And all you're ever gonna be is mean Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me And all you're ever gonna be is mean Why you gotta be so mean? You, with your switching sides and your walk-by lies and your humiliation You, have pointed out my flaws again as if I don't already see them I'll walk with my head down trying to block you out 'cause I'll never impress you I just wanna feel okay again
  • Enchanted
This night is sparkling, don't you let it go I'm wonder-struck, blushing all the way home I'll spend forever wondering if you knew I was enchanted to meet you This night is flawless, don't you let it go I'm wonder-struck, dancing around all alone I'll spend forever wondering if you knew I was enchanted to meet you This is me praying that This was the very first page, not where the storyline ends My thoughts will echo your name until I see you again These are the words I held back as I was leaving too soon I was enchanted to meet you Please don't be in love with someone else Please don't have somebody waiting on you Please don't be in love with someone else Please don't have somebody waiting on you
Those are my top 13 songs and lines from Taylor Swift. Taylor I really wish you will read this.  And as your song goes 'Long Live' my dear and be always be an inspiration to your fans. Congratulations for winning the ACM Entertainer of the Year-award, you totally deserve it.!  I love you and take care! God bless.! :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment